Saturday, March 29, 2008

Pregnancy 101

Saturday here and quite windy.
Beck and I are in the middle of walk, he decided to take a snooze and I decided to pit stop at the "office" for a blog/web surf. This office I speak of is actually Dave's 8th grade English class as most know but it is also functioning as my source of internet and escape. AAAH-yaa
So, as I was entering my blog, I took note of my cyber fetus and the fact that it reads 101 days left till baby. WELL now, in all honesty, with that number and the fact that I delivered Beckham a week early...I've got to be in the DOUBLE digit count down BABY.! Something maybe not so shocking to you??? But wowzas, I am getting close.

With that, I have to say that this mentioned "countdown" gives me two major conflicting emotions...excitement and painful Dread. Babies are great, no doubt about it. They ARE the excitement, along with all the fat, uncomfortable, pain, lethargy and endless other prego symptoms that begin taking their journey FAR far and away.....from me. YAY! But with the baby excitement, there is always the "Painful Dread" of getting that baby OUT. Yikes, it is an ordeal to say the least and even after. Haha. And I laugh because us crazy women know it and continue to "suffer" with multiple labor and deliveries.

Last night, and probably a few other occasions, I said to Dave, "Why can't you just take a turn with this pregnancy thing?" Granted, those occasions have been when I am feeling like absolute DOO DOO; GUYS in general could have some "physical annoyances" that us girls were born with?> Right? <<< Sigh.>>>

Now for the ironic part about all of this...I was reading the "emmagoodegg" blog today and she posted about a women that wanted to be a man but didn't want the 'complete' sex change. (yea, could be confusing) Took hormones, still married a woman, they wanted baby, full on woman/mom couldn't get pregnant, SO the she/he/dad stepped up to the plate. Check it out if you want to see a pic of a pregnant 'man'...It made me feel kind of yucky and sad. After reading and seeing this I was re-established in my surety of the family unit and how special it truly is to grow a child and be a mom.! I do LOVE every minute of being a mom! I'll try not to complain anymore, guys are great.....supporters! Love you DAVE!!

4 comments:

The Gines Family said...

wowzzza ia right that picture really creeps me out! im mean that cool for them but ah...scary!
yeah bre that is soooo soon please have her before we go to lava so we can hang with the new babe before we all bail on you!:( ooo and post some on your names!!!!

Anonymous said...

I"M EXCITED FOR YOU TOO!!! Just hang in there , it will start going fast!!

Love you Auntie Toni

Marcy said...

I hear ya. Talk about getting close...I'm a ticking time bomb. I try not to complain too, but I think I'm still in denial that this big kid is going to come out. We'll call you when little Johnson arrives.

Anonymous said...

im so happy you wrote about the 'painful dread.' no one ever talks about it.. . im a first timer and pretty anxious/nervous about the whole labor & delivery part. im not sure which is worse, the naive first timer/or the second time pro- knowing what to expect.

are they sure there isn't another way?!!