Friday, January 30, 2009

"Hold on, I think I'm in Shock?"

Let me just start out by telling you a little bit about myself.
I'm not an easily disgusted person. In fact I'm pretty mellow, laid back and don't get too creeped out about much. WELL, with that said. This last Tuesday, I had a out right Gagging experience that brought to my attention...that I HATE hair. OH boo hoo right?. well let me give you my past experiences that have been building up and then I will tell you the Tuesday Trauma.

Here's the Hair history:
-I don't enjoy having my hair fall out in the shower by the hand fulls and having to make a little pile of it on the tub side to slow down the inevitable clog that always occurs in ALL showers.
-I cannot be the one to unclog those said hair monsters from the shower. If you've seen them you know it's what bad dreams are made of.
-My husband shaves his head every week and a half or so and those tiny hairs not only are impossible to completely clean up but they have this sneaky way of getting into my clothes and poking me to insanity OR they just burrow into your skin and try to become part of you. not cool.
-Ok this is an OLD image that I can't shake. I don't even know if I've told my cousin that this story scarred me...I was probably in Jr. High? I was at my cousin Ashley's house and she had two cats. I can't even remember which cat it was but she was holding it....and btw-I DETEST cats, so, she says "look at this, my cat gets black heads in her chin and she loves to have them pulled out because they itch her" SO as she is saying this, she pulls this cats hairs out of it's chin and has a good pinch full of hairs that each have a big black goob of a ball on the end. SICK right. my stomach is turning just thinking about it. I'm forever changed. Ruined. From that moment.

NOW that image and my other hair scares are what played a role in the TUESDAY TRAUMA.
YOU ready?
I went to get my hair cut and dyed at my friends salon in Btfl. As she was styling mine, I caught the conversation of the stylist next to us. She was ranting and raving about how waxing your nose is the best thing that you could possibly do. She was expressing her excitement in a sales pitch sort of way to her client. This guy was one of those men with the really big heads and large noses. Not OLD old just proportioned with a larger noggin. So, she is telling him that so and so did it and her brother and her dad and the guy before him...blah bla bla. right? Well he's listening quietly and then agrees to have HIS own larger nose waxed. By this time, my friend and I were both in the conversation with them and I was watching this process unfold.

So, you get the wax, which was blue, blob it on a 6 inch stick, shove it up each nostril and hold it there for a bit, till it dries then yank it out and Viola. When I saw that cranium man with those sticks of wax up his nose I had to giggle a bit. I even said to him...I think you ought to take a cell phone pic of this and send it to your loves all over the world. He denied and I said that I was going to then. BUT then he acted like he was going to head bash me if I did. SO I regretfully held off.

THIS IS THE disgusto part. When that lady yanked those suckers out....THEY WERE COVERED IN SPIKES OF THICK BLACK NOSE HAIRS WITH LITTLE WHITE blobs on each end. AAAAAHHHAHHAHAHA. I died. right there with my new hair and all.

10 comments:

maWeesa said...

i can just picture you and katie at the salon partaking in this discussion... it cracks me up.. AND... welcome back to the blogging world!

lins.e said...

ewe that even disgutes me and I do hair... why were you watching that, that makes my eyes water thinkin about havin my nose hairs yanked right out, I've never heard of such a thing!!! Sounds worse then the bikini

.... funny funny, my little word verification thingy to type in is ingrow.... ah ha you know like ingrown

The Gines Family said...

Grosss....what is greoss is when you lived in ogden in that house with all your girl friends i remember me and shel came out to sleep over and in the morning were sitting on the ground putting makeup on and i dropped a bobi-pin on the ground and went to pick it up and got a whole glump or blomd hair, grossed out we then walked around the entire house running our hand along the ground and sure enough tons of hair, you told us "that is what you get with five girls live in a house together you have no vacume" ..gross

Anonymous said...

Man I could see this one comin'. Not only is it gross, it must have hurt like sin. Dude, use the scissors. Sorry you had to see that!

Anonymous said...

oh breona, those globs you are talking about at the end of the hairs are the hair follicles, haven't you ever waxed anything before? you are so funny, i had no idea you were so freaked by hair! i don't know if we can be friends anymore then, i get covered in hair everyday at work!

Heidi said...

That IS disgusting! I'm a hair hater, too. I will never have pets in the house. Why have more hair in the house than necessary? Especially pet hair. Gross!

lex said...

Okay, I gagged a little. I'm glad your blogging strike is over - you crack me up. Happy February!

Anonymous said...

Bre, What in the heck!!! I would no more but that stuff up my nose and have someone, pull!!!
No way!! Years ago, I let Dottie do my? No ever, ever again!!! Ouch!!!!


I hat hairs, I can just see them stringing through your fingers, oh my!!! I could throw-up just thinking about it1!!
When I worked with Grandpa for a time, that was the hardest thing, washing hair and having it string through your fingers, Groosss!!!

katrina said...

disturbing. the cat story might be worse though.

Anonymous said...

bre....i am horrified, but of course, but pretty sure i haven't laughed so hard ever. this story just made my life. thank you.