Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Going back to good ol' Viewmont High

That's right. I ventured back to my high school this past Monday night to watch the Vikelle spring dance concert. This concert was the "goodbye" last Hoorah for Bonnie, who has been the Dance coach there for, I don't really know??? twenty three or so years. WOW.

AND NO, I was not a vikelle/dancer. Although I have to admit that every time I've watched most dance concert type things....I totally want to wear every one of those costumes and bust a move. Especially the full on florescent body suits with hoods that were used in the black light dance. SO FUN.
Anyways. The Alumni dancers were invited to come back and be in this last concert. Which is really the whole reason I went. I had some friends/acquaintances that were going to be dancing...Most all of them with post baby bodies and out of the dance scene. I thought it was pretty daring of them to come back....BUT they ALL did awesome and I had a great time seeing and talking to some of them. My cousin Trish was one of the Alumni and she is a STAR! Looks great, dances great and I took a little snippit of video for all to see.


As far as parking, walking the halls, using the restroom and actually sitting in the auditorium watching these dances, that I totally remembered from my days...IT was very strange. I definitely had a bunch of memories and thoughts while visiting.

A small piece of me missed those days of being single and seeing SO many friends every single day. I saw a few of the teachers there and I missed goofing off in class or going to aerobics and hearing Arhart's crazy voice.
I thought about random "hot" boys that I would always see standing in that same place?...OR annoying girls and their constant drama. You KNOW.

Then a LARGE piece of me didn't miss it a bit. I am SO glad that I have already passed that stage of my life. It really made me appreciate my current status and what I've been able to do since then. Next year will be 10 years since I graduated from that place. WOW. ....SO much has happened. AND I'm now married with 2 kids.

Every "stage" has it's moments and I've enjoyed each one. It was just nice to be the person looking "back" and remembering.
I'm pretty positive that Life only continues to get better!

5 comments:

The Gines Family said...

go trishy! such a good concert!

Anonymous said...

Trish, You looked great in the clip, you were as sharp as ever!!

I am sorry I didn't get to see you!
Didn't it just feel great!?

TEACH! You should teach, yo are good!!

Toni

Turner said...

I cannot believe you put us on YouTube!!! Um...strugglin' that's all I can say about myself! Thanks for coming, anyway. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I saw your mom on tv the other day! I had to yell at the screen "Aunt Julie". What a fun surprise to see her in cat walk mode.

Heidi said...

Yeah I rarely miss high school. I thought it was so great at the time, but life is sooooooo much better now!