Let me start by saying that this week is SPRING BREAK for us. Yes, spring break is something of great and fabulous happenings when you are young, single and still in school. It's kind of like "weekends" as well. Once your married and even more so HAVE KIDS ....these two things, for the most part, go right out the door. The spring break thing for us though is BACK and "parent with kids" exciting, because of course, Dave is a school teacher. A WEEK OF NO WORK = more than 30 minutes or so of actual time together and SO much more time for ourselves as well. It's only monday and I am loving it.
Since kids came into the picture, many Friday nights are spent going grocery shopping with the kids and on the way home stopping for Wendy's or some ice cream. And that's the highlight of the weekend. Another option could be taking turns going to the gym. I've been at the gym on a weekend night and thought to myself..."hmm, why is it SO empty?" I guess other people still have lives on weekends? The gym not being a part of their weekend agenda? I'm not complaining, just noting that it is our blessed SPRING BREAK and we will be seriously enjoying our time off at home. It's more money and a LOTTA more energy when planning a successful get away with the kids. Often times not worth it.? This is why we opted out this year.
BUT hey, I'm psyched because we may do something completely out of the ordinary and go on a DATE...that's right. Maybe even to a kids museum one night or swimming as a family?
If you don't know already weekends and spring breaks are a bit different once the babies come. Fun. Yes. BUT a world different.
What got me thinking about this more was Oprah today. It was ALL about motherhood and the REAL life hilariousness/pain it can be. I was laughing pretty hard about most of the stories on it because I could totally relate. Kids throwing fits, birthday parties, and even post body and sex... I'm telling you it was funny. Motherhood can definitely bring out the best and the worst in you.
5 comments:
Hi Breona-
I just happened upon your blog (via Marcy's). I really like this Motherhood post....so true. Crazy the tradeoffs in life tht we choose for ourselves and the blessings we get in return. (Im a new mom and just begnining to learn this.) You have such a cute little family. Take care-
Megan Waterfall Wallace
Bre,
I completely agree! It's been a long time since we talked about the whole motherhood thing, but it was so relieving to find out that you have your moments too! That conversation had me in laughing so hard my stomach hurt. We can't wait to see you! Give me a call and let me know which day would be best to come visit you on the week of the 13th.
Happy spring break! Live it up!
You know I sometimes think about how hard my life is and then read blogs like this one and think the Lord makes life challenging for everyone. The challenges may be different but the level of difficulty might be more comparable than originally thought. Bre you've have a rough little bit. Once we get moved and Don's new job begins, so like Julyish, we should get together. Don and I could steal the kids for the afternoon and you and Dave go do something like get a massage.
Post a Comment