Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Falling asleep AGAIN.

Dang. I can't seem to get a decent post in these days. My most common excuse for lack of writing is, "I'm Tired."
*Do moms, parents for that matter, EVER reach a point where they consistently sleep through the night.? Seriously. Especially If you have more than one kid.

because......
Zombie wake stages go as follows:
STAGE 1 (new born)-breast feeding every 1.5 to 3 hours ALL night
STAGE 2 (toddler)-falling out of the "big kid" bed and crying
STAGE 3 -(toddler needs more attention?)"MOM, DAD!! MOOOOOM. DAAAAD. I'm scared! By now kid #2 is here and STAGE 1 with added bonuses returns and she now wakes up not only to eat but because of his screaming.
STAGE 4-(POTTY training stage).....this is ME now. Beckham: wimpering/cry with "mom" or "dad" ME: Go to sleep. Beck: wimpering...I have to go pee. ME: then get up and go! Beck and now Roma is waking up: wimpering My dreamy mind: Are you kidding me? so, I get up in hopes that Roma won't wake up the rest of the way and take him to the potty. He goes. I'm SOOOOOO dead tired but his eyes are wide open. Then it's on to ..."rub my back" "I'm scared" " I need milk" "not that blanket the other one." " snack and Movie!"
ARE YOU KIDDING ME>?


Dave is a super DAD and gets up probably 50% of the time. Really. Which is absolutely awesome! But, Come on. We're both awake regardless of who gets out of bed. THE neighbors are awake for crying out LOUD.
Lately this is my mom complaint. SLEEP DEPRIVATION IS NOT FOR THE WEAK.
That's why blogging has taken the back burner.

ONE story to add to the 'excitement' of this post.
Last night Dave and I took the kids to the high school volleyball game. Beckham started saying that his head and tummy hurt. Didn't think too much of it. Dave just held Beckham so he could relax. WELL next thing you know poor little Beckham has green chunky throw up volcanoing out of his mouth. ALL over himself, our jackets, Dave, and the bleachers. DISGUSTO. Luckily we weren't near a bunch of people. So we took off with another long night ahead.
He's feeling much better now.
BUT I'm telling you. It's SLEEPLESS NIGHTS IN KAMAS for us.

*It's 1am here and in the last hour. I took Beckham pee three times (not even full on Pees either), rocked him for a bit, rubbed his back and he is still waking up saying that he wants his dad. Guess I'll tell Dave to figure it out?? Any suggestions?
Well Here are some funny faces from the kids I LOVE MOST. Good night.? haha










9 comments:

Dream come true said...

This post really didn't help my current anxiety level about adding to my bunch. I am already sooo tired :) I just hope I am as super parent as you!

J.Frey said...

I hear ya on the sleep deprivation. It never ends. Even when they are teenagers you'll be up waiting for them to get home!

We are going through the potty training stage with Charlie and the "lay by me" stage with Anna. And then throw everyone being sick on top of that!

Good Luck! Whish I had something encouraging to say, but I don't. Sorry.

The Gines Family said...

THANK YOU for easing my Baby hungryness! thank you! and heavens your a GREAT mom...keep doing what your doing cause it is working girl..just remember you had kiddlings first so write down what works so i can get some help when ig et there! love and miss you..your a great mom!

Lesh said...

You left out the real first stage: No sleep due to baby hiccupping and dancing in utero. Accompanied by so huge you wake up every time you roll over. Yeah...gotta love sleep deprivation! Bring it on...AGAIN! But just think...when you do figure it all out and write a book about it, you'll be a millionaire.

lins.e said...

ya ya us too!!! Jo still wakes up wanting a bottle... dax just screams for no apparent reason at least once or twice an hour and we have to go lay by him... or he just comes in our bed. No biggie as long as i'm sleeping and he's not smackin me in the face. YOu just get used to it and don't think about it I guess, otherwise you get anxiety and go crazy!!!

I do have a suggestion for you though... put a noise machine in the kids room, so they don't wake each other up when they wake up. I got mine for 20 bucks at bed bath and beyond... and put it on the waterfall, sounds like white noise. One of the best investments I've ever made... both boys have em. You should give it a try.

Just feel better knowing your not the only one with sleepless nights.

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures. Sorry it is sleepless in kamas for you kids. Hopefully this flu crap will settle down soon!

toni jones said...

Love you!! It is all worth it!!

You two make a wonderful team because that is what it takes!!

Funny face pictures make me smile!!

That's the reward, right there!!!

Christy said...

My #2 isn't even here yet, and I'm realizing that I'm gonna have to start living on no sleep forever! Maybe we catch up on sleep once they move out. . . ? And Roma seriously is so stinkity cute!!

maWeesa said...

you make motherhood sound pretty AMAZING!! i can't wait for it