Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Feels like we're just borrowing her"

We were ALL sitting on the bed, Me, Dave, Beckham, and Roma, cuddling and staring at our new addition to the family, HARPER LEE. Beckham kissed her head and said to me. . "feels like we're just borrowing her." It was so cute.
He along with the rest of us are loving that she is OURS and we get to keep her.

Babies are so precious and bring such a spirit to the home. SInce my last 2 posts, about sleeping issues, Harper and I have slept much better. I am still just as excited-like Christmas, and still pretty exhausted during the days but we are adjusting just fine.
I have been meaning to post an update for sometime. I actually signed in and had 2 unfinished, unpublished posts that I never got to. All I can say is that I've been sucking it ALL in.

HARPER LEE CARTER
was born May 9th at 1:01 am.
She was 19" and weighed 7.15 lbs.
Our biggest baby yet. (Beck was 7.2 and Roma 6.10 lbs)







If you're not really into hearing the "labor story" you may just want to skip to the next batch of pics. Cause here it goes:
Mother's Day was Sunday May 8th. My due date was the next day, which is when she was born. Seems like babies are RARELY born on their due date. So, that was pretty cool to me.? Although not as cool as a week early...haha.
Anyways, mother's day was great. We all went to church, enjoyed the lessons and sacrament talks about mothers. The primary sang cute mom songs, which Beckham is a part of and Roma followed. They did great. I felt fine all morning and afternoon.
OK. Shoot, just when it's getting good..."short" pause, while I go change, feed, change and feed the baby again, and then hope to return. . .

We're back. BUT, I ate in between and now the kids and Dave are back from Costco and full force all over the very awake baby-
hmm. I will still post this in fear that it won't and how bout..

.. to be continued...
Harper and I signing off.


And some funny old pics that I found while I was in the "booth" with babe.



3 comments:

Club Ferguson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Club Ferguson said...

Thanks for sharing. I love Beck's comment about "borrowing her." If you think about it... they are all just on loan to us. We are so blessed with each of our children, but there is something so special about the fleeting and wonder-filled baby years (it really just feels like days, it passes so quickly.) Enjoy every minute with them.

nelsons said...

way cute.. cant wait to meet this little one..)