Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sleep, houses and goodbye to July.

Ohhhh. Mercy. This summer has been just a flying. Can you believe AUGUST is literally right around the corner.??
New baby in May definitely started things into a whirlwind. Little Harper Lee has been a doll face! She is my best eater and sleeper thus far. Three is a charm they say, right.? She is 11 wks now and has been sleeping through the night for a couple weeks.
Baby sleep + mom sleep = a happy home.! Really though, anyone would feel 10,000 times less zombie and more ready to rock n roll when they have consecutive hours of sleep a night. mmm. Just talking about it makes me want to crawl in bed right now and snuggle asleep. I have come to the conclusion that I need my sleep. I love my sleep.

Dave on the other hand is a TOTAL night owl. Whether it's full on, school in session, and he has to be to work by 7am or it's summer and he's at the depot loading concrete and trees all day. He will go to bed after midnight every night (after he snuggles me to sleep, of course.) And, some how he remains one of the most patient people I've ever met.
In my book of all knowing, that just isn't right. Sleep and patience go hand and hand with sanity right there with them.
With that said, I'm glad I married a patient one because I've been staying up much too late these days.


Dave and I have been practicing our patience A LOT the last couple months as we continue the search for our perfect house. Last night, we took a look at 3 more houses. One in Kamas and two in Heber. All had cons that heavily out weighed their pros. On the drive back, I thought a lot. Dave had come straight from work to meet our agent, me and the kids in Heber. So, we had two vehicles and I drove the truck home peacefully alone. It was rare and so nice.
I counted in my head all the houses that we had physically gone to and looked through without the kids and mostly with kids in tow....TWENTY. I counted twenty houses that are now on the "just not for us" list.
Finding and deciding on a house that we both love has been tough. The first couple of weeks were filled with excitement and hope and now, after sifting through hundreds of houses, both have dimmed a bit.
Our current house that we are living in, we are renting and need to be out of by Aug. 31st. Our lease is up then and we thought we would have found a house by now so there were renters scheduled and ready to move in by September. Kind of crazy how things haven't worked out for us with our two offers that we've already made in the meantime.
We are going off faith that THEE Carter house is out there and that these other two houses or two hundred houses just weren't right for our family. The timing is getting a little close for comfort though. Ideally we would like to move once from here to a house that we've bought. But, if a a week or so go by without an offer on the table, we will need to find another temp rental.
How picky is too picky. So many houses I LOVE but then they are in the wrong location or don't have a decent kitchen, garage, or have way to much work to be done.

I'm excited/anxious to see what pops up and where we finally decide to settle. We both love that old charmer type house that is renovated with decent space inside and out. Not too close to other houses. Dave wants chickens, goats and maybe even a moo cow someday. Kamas turned us country! Give and take..So we shall see.
The kids kind of get what's going on. They've loved running around the different houses and announcing why they like or don't want to live in certain ones. Seems that they've also helped themselves to using the restroom in most all the houses we've toured. Which sometimes gets interesting when there's no toilet paper, or maybe no running water.

Our house is out there and we're determined to find it, just not sure when.

Here our some more pics from our fabulous JULY. Which is the hands down my favorite month..along with Sept. and Oct. and well December too. :)

Dave's parents gave us season passes to Lagoon. Sister Shelly ended up buying one and we've had some good times this summer!




My Oregonian friend Sara was driving to Iowa and decided to stop by and say hi.



My Oregonian cousin Ash and her kids came for a visit.



We had our annual camping trip to Lava Hot Springs with the whole FAM. Dave surprised us all and fish tail braided mine and Roma's hair. The standard Grandma with a puzzle. Kids riding bikes. Lava town and watching the tubers. Harper Lee's first experience in the wilderness. Always look forward to this trip.! Love the fam!








Just another day in Kamas. Out to eat at the Gateway Grill.



No comments: