Monday, November 10, 2008

Memory Monday....

This past Saturday, the kids and I ventured to my parents house for a visit. This is a common occurrence for us on the weekends because Dave works Saturdays and by then I'm ready for a change of scenery and a little break from the kids. My fam is always up for playing with the kids so I can relax a bit, run some errands, go to a hair appointment or whatever. This time I decided that it would be fun to scan some of my parents old photos.
As many of you know already Apple/Mac computers are aimed for a creative mind. They've got Garage band for singer songwriter type stuff, Iphoto, IDVD and IMovie for creating music videos and slideshows. Just that much of it has made me crazy about learning how to master each program. I made a highlight video for my soccer team last year on Dave's school computer and then this year on ours. I had limited time and media but with what I had it turned out alright. Since then I've been throwing some of our pics together and learning a lot more. SOO>>>I guess I got a little spark in me to TRY and be one of those "cool video nerds" and make stuff for christmas presents??? or like I said TRY different things out and one day be cool. hah

Wow. anyways. Scanning pics at my parents house turned out to be a riot. I decided that every future visit I will scan at least some of the Bateman photo archive. Just so all the memories are right at my finger tips for creative purposes.
I'm one of those people that loves to watch old family videos and have the "Oh ya, and remember when..." conversations. So, this is exciting for me.

Here are just some of the pics that I scanned so we can go down memory lane together..
BTW- I scanned a lot of my little brother Jay because of course I miss him to death, LOVE him and think that a picture video of his life would be a great thing for all of us to have. He is so dang cute too.





I also got a lot of my ma and pa before they were married and their wedding...pretty cute couple!


6 comments:

The Gines Family said...

oh my...i love that picture of me and Jay! Oh and how i love and miss him...more and more everyday he is gone! my best bud! i can not wait to see him agian and for him to meet Kayson, i think him and kayson would have been good friendslove you Jay Jay!

Anonymous said...

i miss him too bre.. i get teary eyed everytime i see his face .. he is such a cute boy! i love all these pics.. we look so cute!

Darcy and Eric said...

you had some killer hair bre! Love the pics they are fun!

Anonymous said...

I love looking at olds photos. your bangs look hot in that picture haha. Luv Teri.

Anonymous said...

Bre, Wow! As Kenny Chesney says,

"Don't Blink"!

It makes me smile! And it makes me cry! That Jay was a Special boy!!! I tell you I miss him and think of him often! Most times it is with a smile on my face that all of a sudden I just feel or sense him!!! Get a little teary and then smile! I know that all is well with him!!

It's interesting because alot of times it is when I am driving in my car!?

Grandma and Grandpa are only 45 years old at your mom and dad's wedding!! Amazing Huh!?

You guys were so precious! That was a really fun time for all of us , with all our kids! Boy, did we have fun together!!!

Love you! Thanks for the memories!! Auntie Toni

Heidi said...

Wow. Some CRAZY hairstyles in these pics. Especially your hair Bre!! Yikes. You still managed to be a cute little girl despite the hair though.