Monday, December 15, 2008
Tis the Season...for sweets!
December is busy for everyone I'm sure! Just the thinking that goes into parties, gifts, cards, postage, decorations and staying warm is A LOT to handle. This past week I have been baking with one of my friends here in town that is also from Centerville. We have good times talking about crazy small town living and the things we miss. But that is beyond the point.. back to the treats.
We dipped pretzels in homemade caramel and chocolate

Then she taught me how to make butter mints, which was so fun. They are very temperamental, in that the consistency is very hard to get right. You pull them like taffy, add flavoring and cut them with scissors then they have to "cure". It's interesting. If they turn out..they are "melt in your mouth" addicting.


I made some Pretzel munchies at home and then spent time putting all of this in cute little bags to share.


Like I said, Tis the Season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh baby are those makin my mouth water, shlurp!!! They look delish bre, good work.
Post a Comment