And, I'll say it again, if you are anti/not so into hearing about someone else's labors, as in baby labor onto delivery, then you may just wanna click on out.?. Although, I suggest not. Growing a baby, delivering a baby and all that comes with it, is A MIRACLE I tell you. Never fails to amaze me and humble me beyond anything.
So, I'll start by saying that having a baby ain't no walk in the park. :) And I know that's not just me. There are you crazies out there that claim labor and delivery is cake, and to that, I call..BULLshnaznaz. But also say, lucky you.
I've had THREE babes now and it did get "easier" I'd say and faster, yes, BUT not less scary and still lots a Pain.
And so it begins:
Mother's day/Sunday I was having light contractions from like 4pm on. Dave was out in Ogden with the kids establishing his new honey bees in their hive and visiting with his mom. (I definitely have a BEE post coming soon. Bee keeper Dave and all the bee adventures. It kinda goes with the "birds and the bees" theme anyways. Ha ha)
He got home late, put kids in beds, we got ready for bed, showered and I finally sat up on our bed to relax.
It was 11pm and my water broke. This had never happened to me before and it felt literally like a pop inside of my lower abdomen. Nothing gushed. I took care of it and immediately had hard, painful and fast contractions. Between me having to hunch over and focus on breathing I told Dave to pack up and call my dad to come stay the night with the kids. I swear he said, "Seriously?" with big eyes like 10 times before moving-But that was probably my, panic, delirium? Either way, everything was hurting and taking a long time.
Dad was on his way from Centerville. ( hour 15 min away) So, we called my neighbor friend Amy to come over until then. We needed to be on our way to Heber.
Dave called the hospital on the way to tell them we were coming and that I wanted an epidural. -I enjoy being able to look around and "enjoy" the birth moment. PLUS-this hospital is small and they NEVER have an Anesthesiologist on hand.
We got to the hospital shortly after midnight. I was dialated to a 6 and fully thinned. Contractions were painful and fast. I did deep breathing throughout my whole labor and felt really good about it. I also squeezed ice chips in my hand and held Dave's as well. I read and watched stuff on both and it totally helped me.
"Where's the epidural guy?" Of course, they had to call him at home and he was on his way. blaaa. I was self talking and trying not to freak out. I'd be fine.
My Dr. Got there, the epi guy made it and it's now 12:45am. I am dialated to a 10 and ready to go. WHAT.?! I wanted my epidural, and still do. But both Dr. and Epi were telling me that I had to sit up to get it. I have NEVER had to do that. Usually I can lay on my side and he can work the magic that way. But to sit up, seemed really impossible...BUT STILL worth it to me at the time. I managed to sit up between contractions and NO lie--Little baby was coming out. I frantically said, "SHE"S coming out. She is coming out!" Everyone calmly said back, "No she's not, relax DON'T PUSH. she's not. breathe." Everybody's voice is very annoying for me at this point.
LUCKILY- she did NOT come out right then. I did get an epi one time shot in the spine, lied back down and 5 or so pushes later at 1:01am baby girl came out. Dave and I teared up a bit, kissed and they had her wrapped up and on my chest. The whole experience is amazing. When you hold that baby and see her full of life eyes looking up at you.... words can't explain.
Our Heavenly Father loves us all so much.
Dave is always amazing helping me with whatever and however he can. Since I had the epidural so late, it pretty much numbed me after and kept me numb for hours. So, I had Dave move and massage my feet and legs for pretty much the whole time. I hate the way it makes you feel. I shiver and tingle and feel paralized. Looking back, I probably should've just went for it all naturale. ..But everything seems easier in hind sight.?
We are lucky and feel so blessed to have another healthy baby. Each "chapter" of life has been so fun and one that I try hard to memorize and live to the max. This particular baby making, raising kids with your best friend/love chapter has been one of my favorite yet.! It definitely flies by but we are doing our best to LIVE IT UP.
3 comments:
Ahhhh....bringing back some painful memories. Seriously, I could feel Miles coming out while I was getting my epi and I regret getting one (or maybe that I didn't get one sooner? :)? You're right, hindsight is easier. It's so hard to see the disadvantage when you are in pain. Epi or not -you still did all the work and now you have a beautiful baby to enjoy!
you were so close! cant believe how fast that all went..) i know it seems like forever when its all going on. being a mom is def the best job ever... she is adorable bre!
Congrats! She is beautiful and I love her name!
Post a Comment